Pong and Other 2D Ball and Bat Games
Pong was one of the earliest sport computer games. It spawned other bat and ball games like breakout. There is a version of a bat and ball game made for a virtual reallity helmets where the player moves the bat by moving their head.
The tutorial covers the basics, it shows –
- how to set up physics properties and give the ball an initial velocity
- how to move the bats
- how to score
- how to reset the ball’s velocity
How could you develop the Pong game?
- make it easier to change the angle of the ball as it hits the bat
- add sound effects and music
- being able to alter the level of difficulty
There is plenty of scope for development and you could think about 2D and 3D versions of breakout.
Click here for file created in the tutorial – pongTut20a.blend